Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Last......Hurrah!

Yesterday was my last chemo treatment. As I watched the final drips of Taxol go through the line, I reflected on what a long grueling 4 months it has been.  There were many times I didn't know if I had it in me to see this through. As strong as I am, I often thought, "this will break me and bring me to my knees". And as I lay on the sofa I thought, "this is what is like to die." But I didn't break or die, I triumphed and passed the test. So now what?

I am not the same woman I was 6 months ago. Being diagnosed with cancer is a life changing experience and my outlook on life has shifted. I can't express how this will manifest in my life and relationships as it is so new, but I have definitely changed- hopefully in positive ways. I can't even say what has shifted, but I can feel it in how I see things and how I think. I will keep you posted as the future unfolds.

I went into two stores today and I drove there myself! I have avoid public places for the last 4 months, as I didn't want to risk getting sick and having to delay a treatment.  I look forward to getting back into shape- walking, weights, pilates, yoga- all that good stuff. I've been exercising a little on my good days but I haven't pushed myself, as I thought my body was being stressed enough by the chemo.  I'm looking forward to having my hair. It started to grow once I was on the Taxol, but it is still stubble. There are so many things I can't wait to do I won't bore you with what are mostly things you do every day without a though.

I'll keep posting so stay tuned. I wish everyone a happy and very healthy new year:>)

No comments:

Post a Comment