Thursday, November 24, 2011

Giving Thanks

Yesterday I felt pretty good and thought about the upcoming holiday and all the blessings in my life even while I go through this difficult time. I should have posted then because I'm not feeling so great today. I guess it's one day at a time. On tuesday I had chemo #5 and am now on a different drug called Taxol. It caused another flair up of my hands but enough about that, back to the topic.
I just want to acknowledge all the people and things in my life that I am grateful for. I have always had an attitude of gratitude, but being ill has brought me closer to appreciating how blessed I am. I am grateful to my wonderful husband, Glenn, who has truly risen to the task and is taking amazing care of me. I have so many wonderful friends and family members who have brought me meals and gifts and wonderful company. All the people who aren't here have been calling and emailing regularly. I feel so supported and loved with so much positive energy being sent my way. I am thankful that I have good insurance and am getting the best treatment possible and that I have the financial resources to make my life easier and comfortable at this time. 
I could go on, but I just want to encourage everyone to take stock and make time for gratitude today. We are all blessed.
Happy Thanksgiving- gobble gobble

No comments:

Post a Comment